7

Monday, June 26, 2017

Calling Myself


They called me in the night
They asked me if I could come
I told them I had never seen
The places where they're hiding away
So they let me see the day
And I kissed the sinning earth
And I lived in peace
I waited for it to end

And so they called me in the night
Dirty bottles washed in rum
They asked me where I'd been
They held me till the yonder dawn
My heart and my clothes long gone
Fleeing to my flaming hearth
And so I lay in the grease
I waited for it to end

And then the morning sun, she rose
And I ran for bitter life
I ran to those memories
And I laughed and I cried
And I sung and I tried
To make me a better man
Than the nightly shit
I waited for it to end

And when the next sun grows
I know where I'll find the knife
But I can't afford the fees
For living and for dying
Growing and denying
I know where I ran
And there I'll sit
Waiting for it to end

6 comments:

  1. This is good and painful, but I like your others better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. Might I ask why? Is it just the style, or something else that I could improve upon?

      Delete
    2. I'm not completely sure. I think it's just a little too miserable/dark for my preference, but it's still beautiful.

      Delete
    3. I can see that. I don't usually get this dark when it comes to poetry.

      Delete
  2. I like it quite a lot, and thank you for your advice, although i still have to comment through my mom's computer instead of mine. :(

    ReplyDelete