7

Friday, May 5, 2017

Sitting on a cloud

Sitting on a cloud,
I see the world below me.
Stretching out forever,
Under the sun's good grace.

And here I shall sit,
Waiting till the rain comes.
And takes with it the clouds,
And washes the world anew.

Look now, the sun has risen—
My plight is over, so now I rest.
Rest till the rain comes,
And takes with it the clouds,
And washes the world anew.

___________________________

That was nice, wasn't it? Once again, I must apologize for not posting in so long. I've been insanely busy lately and simply haven't had time to just sit down and write. That said, I have a bunch of stuff I'm working on, so stick around! This is just a fun little poem to hold you over until then. I'll see you soon!


7 comments:

  1. Very nice. I think I like short poetry the best, because you have to fit everything in so few words, and it sounds better if you do it well. And don't worry, I totally understand about busy! This week has been especially crazy, and not really in the good way. Your poem really picked me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love short poetry; its size infers value upon each word, making it that much more of a challenge. I'm glad my poem could pick you up. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful!
    I understand busy! *sighs* It seems like everyone's been busy this month! :D People are finishing school and all that jazz, so..... Yep, super busy! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I always look forward to your posts. :D

      Delete
  3. Hi, Jason. I haven't commented before, but I've been reading your posts. I really enjoy your poems and everything else you've done so far. I look forward to reading your next posts!
    ~Olivia from Go Teen Writers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to seeing you around!

      Delete